Kids across the state can make a difference in the lives of Iowa's wish kids.
Kids For Wish Kids® is a program that enables students to discover philanthropy by selecting their own fundraising project and managing it from start to finish, with little or no help from their teachers. Students develop leadership skills, build self-esteem and learn about teamwork while working towards a final goal, making a difference in the life of a child who is fighting overwhelming odds.
Kids for Wish Kids program objectives:
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish Iowa
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through the Make-A-Wish Iowa
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
- Organize a holiday party, a dance, a bowl-a-thon or walk-a-thon
- Organize a bake sale or a car wash
- Sell Make-A-Wish® Holiday Cards
You can try one of these ideas or devise a project on your own!
For more information on Kids for Wish Kids contact Liz Bregenzer via email LBregenzer@iowa.wish.org or by phone (515) 334-2636.