PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Finance Coordinator II position is responsible to effectively manage and support the daily finance/administrative operations of the Chapter. Primary responsibilities for this position include finance/administrative support as directed by the Chief Financial Officer, as well as daily recording of donations received, daily data entry of gift batches and daily generation of donor tax acknowledgements. Additional responsibilities include various revenue and expense coding, reconciling, and reporting, and support for answering office phones. The Finance Coordinator II will serve as the backup to the Finance Coordinator I position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepare gift batches and enter into database timely and accurately
- Prepare, process, update donor acknowledgement letters
- Maintain and update donor records in database as needed
- Assist in processing of daily mail, update of donation log, and bank deposit
- Assist in coding of expense and revenue transactions into Financial Edge
- Assist in internal event financial statement reconciling, reporting, budgeting
- Assist wish team in reconciling wish child revenues and expenses
- Assist in month-end closing process as directed by CFO
- Assist in fiscal year-end audit workpaper preparation as directed by CFO
- Serve as back up to weekly check request and accounts payable processing
- Serve as back up to internal event invoicing and accounts receivable invoice tracking
- Serve as back up in ordering supplies and manage supply inventory
- Assist in answering phones
- Work effectively with CFO and other staff relative to required responsibilities
- Any other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positive attitude, professional, confident, competitive, enthusiastic, independent self-starter, goal oriented team player.
- A valid Iowa driver’s license is required for this position.
- Ability to perform at a high level with minimal supervision.
- Strong people skills and an ability to build effective long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of duties and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates in Accounting degree required
- Independent, analytical and detail oriented
- Demonstrated efficiency in data entry and database management
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of basic journal entry and basic financial statement preparation
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage a variety of duties and effectively prioritize tasks
- 2 years of related work experience preferred
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge experience a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and budgeting software systems and other web-based software programs, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Regular Vision abilities, including computer work.
Standard office environment with typical noise level, fast paced.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I understand that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Make-A-Wish Iowa reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as directed by Make-A-Wish Iowa. I understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime and for any reason, and Make-A-Wish Iowa has a similar right.
Make-A-Wish Iowa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state regulations, Make-A-Wish Iowa will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Make-A-Wish Iowa.
Please send resume and cover letter to Brenda Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org