Special Events Internship
Development interns focus on fundraising with experience in event planning, donor solicitation, data management, foundations, individual and corporate donations, and volunteer management. This internship is only offered during the spring semester and takes place from January – April.
Basic tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Sr. Manager of Special Events with major events, both internal and external
- Assisting with the marketing of events
- Facilitating the donation of auction items
- Taking part in day-of event coordination at events around the state
- Assisting with database entry and updating records
- Provide assistance and office support to the Development Team
- Interact with donors and vendors as it related to events
- Ease and comfort in speaking with donors, businesses and wish families
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Availability to attend occasional meetings after work hours, as needed
- Ability to work effectively as both a team member and individually
- Maintain confidentiality of all information
Applicants will be required to submit a background check (via internet) if accepted for this internship. This internship is an unpaid position. To apply for this internship, please submit your resume and cover letter to Natalie Brecht, Director of Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.