Title: Wish Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full time, permanent, exempt
Eligible for Overtime Pay: No
Location: Urbandale, IA
Make-A-Wish® of Iowa is seeking a professional, organized, ambitious and enthusiastic individual to join our team. The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Iowa grants wishes to Iowa children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Our Iowa Chapter has granted more than 3,000 wishes since we began in 1987.
Position Description: The Chapter Wish Coordinator’s responsibility is to manage a caseload of wishes as assigned by the director of operations and to coordinate program functions related to the delivery of a quality wish experience. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sets expectations and ensure the coordination of all details involved with the wish, including but not limited to: gift item wishes (electronics, play sets, room redos) travel wishes: transportation, accommodations, services, assisting chapters, medical equipment, and itineraries
- Works with families, volunteers, vendors and donors throughout the wish process
- Ensure the Foundation’s liability is minimized by obtaining appropriate signatures, releases, and supervision for each wish granted.
- Develop estimated budgets for each wish and manage wish cost throughout the wish granting process, including looking for opportunities to seek in-kind donations.
- Communicate regular to volunteers to update them regarding wish related information.
- Participates in the 24-hour emergency wish phone rotation as directed by the Wish Manager.
- Complete final closeout of wish files in a timely manner and ensure all proper documentation is accounted for.
- Maintains administrative records of wish in Raisers Edge database and files
- As needed, seeks the advice of physicians, social workers, and other medical professionals to address medical needs of wish children or wish participants.
- Consistently implements national and chapter wish-granting policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures to ensure consistent program quality and to protect wish families and the Foundation.
- Helps to identify and solve program issues and increase quality of wish experience for families and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, independent self starter, team player
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage a variety of duties and effectively prioritize tasks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required
- Proficient computer skills specifically in the area of database management (Raiser’s Edge a plus)
Make-A-Wish Iowa offers competitive salaries and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, medical, dental and a retirement plan.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates meeting our requirements will be contacted. Please do not call about this position and no professional staffing solicitations.